Whether it’s a hat, shirt, pants or shoes, anything and everything animal print is in….and totally fun! For the most current look, go wild and rock animal (or animal printed) accessories like rings, necklaces and hats. Mix these with basics for a fun, but classic look.
Hat: J.Crew, Baseball Hat; Necklace: Forever 21, similar Owl Necklace; Ring: Nordstrom, similar by Forever 21 Ring.
Okay…So it’s not exactly fashion, but changing your hair is one of the fastest ways to change your look. This year, go bold. For the everyday, non-celeb, try adding a punch of color just framing your face. This creates an exciting look without being too crazy for everyday life.
Color done by Sarah Zdanowicz, Cala Renee Salon (thanks Sarah!!!).
I know…this weather is out of control. Feel like it’s ruining your outfit fun? Well, don’t fret! Here’s a quick tip to help.
When it’s snowing and cold, it’s sooo tempting to throw on your college sweatshirt and roll out of bed, but pleaseeee don’t! Instead, grab a baggy t-shirt with some visual interest (graphics, words or a fun design), like this baseball tee, and toss it on with leggings. Done and done. Simple, comfortable and still presentable.
T-Shirt: J.Crew, Baseball Tee.
Let’s face it…we’re lucky enough just to get a surprise from our favorite guy, but we never really know if we’ll end up at the Top of The Hub or the bottom of the barrel. So it’s important to dress for any possibility. Whether your man has a surprise for you on v-day or you’re hitting the town for a girl’s night out, dress to impress – and why the heck not when you have the perfect excuse to! My advice? Find an outfit that makes you feel beautiful. After all, this is a day about love, so don’t forget to love yourself…and your clothes. (Check out my tips below the pic!)
- Start with a go-to. I picked my fav LBD with a surprise, colorblock, white back. It makes me feel pretty and skinny. Plus it’s stretchy, so I can eat all the delicious food I want :).
- To give my short self some height, the dress is above the knee and paired with high, close-toed heels.
- With all that leg, it’s important to pick a dress with a high neck or the look could go raunchy really fast.
- I added a big statement necklace to make the neckline a little more interesting and to make me feel super girly (so important on v-day).
- Match your tights to an accessory to add some fun to the outfit. I chose gold tights to pick up the gold tones in my necklace. It completes the look.
- Lastly, toss on a cute blazer – it’s winter silly! You can always remove your jacket when you get inside.
LOVE ALL MY READERS <3! HAPPY V-DAY!
Have trouble putting an outfit together? Here’s a simple tip to help.
For an effortless way to give any outfit a complete look, take any color from the bottom half of your outfit and mix it onto the top. Yup, it’s that easy! In this pic, I have on brown, thigh high boots (LOVE). I pulled the same brown into my sweater (the piping) for a put together, yet subtle look. Wearing black boots? Toss on a black necklace and grab a black clutch. Have on cute grey jeans? Try a silver bracelet and earrings. By taking one of the colors from the bottom of the outfit and mimicking it on the top, the outfit looks complete! And so simple to do.
Running late again? Hit snooze for the 3rd time? No worries. Here are 6 tips to help you make it work in a time crunch.
1. Pick out your outfit the night before. Takes some planning, but saves A TON of time in the AM.
2. Save try-on-time by laying out different options. It’s an easy way to mix and match shirts, pants and jewelry without wasting time trying everything on.
3. Don’t have time to do much with your hair? Throw it in a bun with a patterned headband. Trendy, adorable and better yet, easy.
4. Avoid looking like a mess and trade in your sweats for leggings and a baggy sweater (or tee and cardigan). This outfit is just as cozy as those oversized drawstrings, but looks way more put together…The pumpkin doesn’t hurt either
5. Jewelry. Jewelry. Jewelry…A super-fast way take any outfit from blasé to polished. To make things even easier, keep your jewelry organized and accessible. You’ll never wear a necklace that’s hiding in the back of a drawer somewhere. These necklaces are hung on the wall with 3M sticky hooks… Gets you organized without punching 100 holes in the wall – a must have.
6. Of course, SHOES! The fastest way to pick a shoe (in the winter) is to choose your favorite go-to leather boot. You really can’t go wrong…and yes, you can wear brown boots with black.
I love anything everything denim right now, especially shirts. Here I’m in black leggings (for the cozy factor), but for a trendier look, pair a dark denim button up with light wash jeans.
Denim Shirt: Free People, similar by Eileen Fisher Eileen Fisher Denim Shirt